Volunteering at Sharek is an exciting and varied opportunity. Working across departments, you will gain an opportunity to take part in activities of all types, including fundraising, project development and management, and communications. You will gain opportunities to interact with youth from all over Palestine, take part in field trips, and join interesting lectures and training events. We will take your interests into account in terms of both the skills that you have and those you want to develop. Each volunteer opportunity is tailored to the candidate at hand.
Tasks can include:
- English language writing and editing, including PR
- Project development
- Project management
- Opportunities to meet with partners
- Idea and project generation and innovation
- Technical work that matches your skills: e.g. website and infographic design
- Teaching English and employment skills (dependent on both whether classes are running during your time and your level of English)
- Field visits and activities with Palestinian youth
- General assistance to Sharek staff
Please submit your CV, motivation letter (explaining why you are interested in volunteering with Sharek and the skills and competencies you have that are relevant to the role), and an unedited English writing sample to email@example.com.
Professional proficiency is ESSENTIAL in either English or Arabic.